This individual will manufacture and quality test products and support new product transfers within the product area.
• Independently manufacture a variety of products so as to meet product specifications. Follow schedules and plan production batches to assure on-time delivery of finished product.
• Develops plans for projects in areas of responsibility. Implements experimental design, performs analysis of project specific data, and uses scientific and technical resources to recommend solutions and solve problems. Analyzes operational and cost impacts of process/product improvements. Identifies/solicits internal or external people to solve problems, supports accomplishment of project/team goals.
• Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality. Respond to customer complaints by conducting technical assessment of products and makes recommendation to QA/Complaint Resolution based on resulting data.
• Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing protocols and QC methods. Implement experimental design and perform data analysis. Use scientific and technical resources to recommend solutions and solve problems.
• Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
• Write, review and revise as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by policies and procedures.
• Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
• Participate in multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams as needed. Provide information and technical support to meet team goals. Develop project plans for area of responsibility and analyze operational and cost impacts of process/product improvements. Communicate project updates and issues to supervisor.
• Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
• Ability to travel to relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
• Participate in production group meetings and projects.
• Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.